Consult Veterinary Nurse required at White Cross Vets, Bloxwich
The RoleOur Bloxwich practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result, we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a confident and proactive RVN to join our team as a Consult Nurse. This role will be predominantly focused on consultations, implementing and leading our nurse clinics and closely working with the Head Veterinary Nurse to drive the continued development of the nurses within the Bloxwich team.
There may be an opportunity to develop this role both at our Bloxwich and Wolverhampton Practice, it would be ideal if you were open to working at both locations, but this is not a deal-breaker. It will be a full-time role with a share of Saturday mornings (37.5 hours per week). Bloxwich is a flexible working practice, as our teams work-life balance and wellbeing is always a top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
If you love the consulting side of nursing and are looking for an opportunity to lead and make valued change within a brilliant team – this could be the perfect role for you.
The salary for this role is up to £26,000 depending on experience.
About the Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Bloxwich is the close-knit, enthusiastic team. We are all food lovers and have been known to demolish a tin of quality street within minutes. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, lunch and learns and snack-fuelled wellbeing afternoons. When not eating/laughing/working fabulously together – you’ll likely find us in an Alexa dance-off, practising our moves for the dancefloor at our upcoming expenses paid annual company get together/night away in Manchester!
About the Practice
Bloxwich is a growing practice with great facilities including 3 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. Working alongside our wonderful nurse team, we have 4 vets (soon to be 5), 3 of whom have been qualified from 4-9 years, and 1 new graduate who joined us this year on our academy programme. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award. Many of our nursing team members have different passions, such as behaviour, wound management, and the clinical team love to share ideas and develop together.
Applicant Requirements This is a new role, introduced due to continued growth at Bloxwich and therefore the successful candidate must have the following skills/attributes:
· RCVS registered
· Competent and confident with Schedule 3 procedures under vet direction
· Great communication skills
· The organisation skills and proactive nature to drive, lead and coordinate nurse clinics
· Demonstrable experience with nurse consults, and therefore confident with all aspects of general consultations
· Experience in designing and implementing Nurse Clinics in a previous practice will be advantageous but not essential
· Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of nurse consultations, to the pets under our care
· Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
· Responsibility; for learning and teaching, with the confidence and desire to bring the team together, with the HVN, to regularly upskill and develop
· Growth; to expand and progress the current nursing services provided by the clinic
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example, our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work-life balance is top of our agenda?
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
• 3 days paid CPD leave with a £600 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
• Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
• Birthday day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Your pets can benefit from out Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4615 when applying for this role.
Veterinary Nurse Jobs and
Veterinary Nurse Locums |
Follow VN Jobs on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | Contact
Contact us for more information about the advertising and editorial opportunities on VetNurse.co.uk
Veterinary Forums | Veterinary Nursing News | Veterinary Galleries
Anaesthesia & Analagesia | Animal Behaviour | Dentistry | Dermatology | Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging | Equine Nursing | Exotics | Emergency & Critical Care | Lab/Clinical Pathology | Medical Nursing | Physiotherapy | Surgical Nursing | Wound Management