All jobs >>
608 Vets are part of Linnaeus, giving employees opportunity to develop
We are a large, busy small animal practice looking for a full-time RVN, but a job share will be considered. Our main surgery is in Solihull but we also have branches in Bentley Heath and Acocks Green.
The job involves working in various areas of the practice:
· Hospitalisation – usual stuff! Looking after the animals in our hospital, cleaning out, exercising, administering, medicating, bathing, maintaining hygienic environment, placing IV Catheters and calculating fluid rates.
· Theatre – assisting vets with anaesthesia and surgery, cleaning and sterilising instruments, cleaning floors and walls and assisting with taking x-ray images.
· Dispensary – dealing with clients collecting prescriptions and taking payments, unpacking drug and diet deliveries.
· Appointments – you will run appointments to removes stitches, clip nails, check-ups after surgery, second vaccinations, administering medications and redresses. We also run some clinics within our appointments and there is always room for you to grow the potential of these.
· Reception – answering phones and taking messages, mainly at branch surgeries but all branches have a separate reception team.
· Laboratory – We have a well-equipped lab that is run by a lab technician 4 days of the week so there are Protocols in place and support is always available. You will be trained on carrying out various lab tests: blood tests, plating culture and sensitivity plates and urine analysis.
· Branch surgeries - We have two branches that have a nurse present all day. You will answer phones, make appointments, helps the vet with operations, do nurse appointments and clean the premises.
· Night Duty – there may be a requirement, with experience, to do occasional night nursing shifts. This involves staying the building overnight and answering phones and dealing with emergencies. This would be to cover sickness and holidays of the full-time night nursing staff. There is always a vet on the premises, 24 hours a day.
The job is based on a 37-hour week, with a rota to cover the working hours of the practice, which are 8.00am – 8.00pm, Monday to Sunday. Bank holidays are shared amongst all members of staff. This practice has to be open to deal with emergencies and to look after in-patients, every day of the year, including Christmas and New Year. Holiday entitlement is 5x weekly hours plus Bank Holidays and we also give a day on Birthdays (or nearest convenient working day). We offer an Employee Assistance Programme, paid RCVS registration and 2 days CPD.
The pay scale is based on qualifications and time employed at this practice.
We would love to hear from you! If you would like to have an informal chat about the role give us a call on 0121 705 3044 and ask for Lindsey or Lesa. Alternatively email us at email@example.com
Veterinary Nurse Jobs in England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Worldwide
Veterinary Nursing Forums | Veterinary News | Veterinary CPD
Click here to learn more about advertising on VetNurse.co.uk