All jobs >>
BE THE RVN YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMT OF BEING!
Got your attention! We have previously compared ourselves to a rare stub-footed toad (independent practice, becoming a rarity in the corporate common frog market) but maybe what we are really trying to say is we want to be your “happy ever after” job.
We are fuelled by cake (or fruit for the more health-conscious) and our team has grown over recent years to keep pace with our development. There are 11 Vets, 13 VNs and 18 Support Staff who work in three sites across North Somerset in Portishead, Nailsea and Yatton (all 20-30 minutes south of Bristol).
Do you place a high emphasis on client and patient care? Yes – well we have won the nationally contested Veterinary Front of House Awards, gained “Outstanding” status in RCVS Client Service Awards and are home to the winner of 2019 Petplan Vet Nurse of the Year. You will benefit from our truly fantastic working environment as we have relocated and purpose-designed two out of the three sites within the last five years. Your love of nursing will be supported as we have invested in equipment such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray, tonometry, piped gases, multi-parameter monitoring, gas sterilization, Class IV laser, full laparoscopy tower which integrates with our scopes, and much more.
We love to develop people and our attitude to CPD is more “why wouldn’t you want to”. It would be a bonus if you take pride in Nurse Clinics, love anesthetic monitoring and are passionate about inpatient care. Our vets, including three Certificate holders, two of whom are Advanced Practitioners, and four more currently undergoing Certificates, will support you. Our squad of nurses has a wide range of interests and additional qualifications which means with all this brain power around we are developing a first-class multimodal internal referral service which helps to progress everyone’s knowledge and understanding while clients get the best service – it’s a win/win!
Our team wants a Gold Standard RVN whose pet-side manner means that we know the pet couldn’t be in safer hands. This level of care is part of the reason why we see doing our own OOH as a non-negotiable plus (and if this doesn’t interest you then you have our permission to stop reading now). Who doesn’t love that little rush of having an exciting case in the middle of the night and the after-glow of a success with happy clients and pets? We have a team that are happy to help with switches or support if more hands are needed but for us best service means being there for our clients whenever they need us.
When we asked the team what they were looking for in an incoming RVN they said someone who:
- Will hit the ground raring to go
- Loves a busy and varied small animal caseload maybe with an area of interest which needs to be nurtured or developed
- Enjoys being part of a caring team inside and outside of work - we won’t make anyone join the Practice Strava group or compete at go-karting if they don’t want to but it can be fun and we will be there to cheer you on if you do
- Has evidenced competence in undertaking a full range of Nurse Clinics
- Has competent or advanced skills in inpatient care
- Can communicate with clarity and compassion so a client knows their pet has the best people looking after them
- Likes dealing with bonded clients and can wow new clients with gold standard customer care every time
- Has good knowledge and understanding of our feline friends and bunny buddies to enhance our status as ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and Silver RWAF Award
- Enjoys supporting and teaching team members and participating in client education evenings
- Wants to achieve supported career progression and develop further skills with no set budget per individual for CPD
- Is flexible, fun and easy-going while working hard to get everything done
- Would jump at the chance of a fulfilling role in well-equipped modern forward-thinking practice which has the aim of being the practice of choice for clients, pets, and staff.
This is a full-time position. Salary will be dependent on sparkle factor (well actually it depends on lots of things like how long you have been qualified and what additional qualifications you have etc.).
Come and join a proudly independent forward-thinking Practice which has the aim of being the vets of choice for clients, pets, and staff. This Practice never stays still so it may be time to ask yourself if YOU are the superstar RVN our team is looking for and more importantly become the Vet Nurse you want to be?
Please prepare your best joke and send your CV and cover letter explaining your star qualities to Holly Charlton, Group Operations Director via email@example.com. No agency applications will be considered because we want you to do the introductions! Check out our Facebook page @Watkinstaskervets to see what we get up to!
Veterinary Nurse Jobs in England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Worldwide
Veterinary Nursing Forums | Veterinary News | Veterinary CPD
Click here to learn more about advertising on VetNurse.co.uk